AdSense

Friday, April 24, 2020

CAN TRUST BE REGAINED AFTER BEING CHEATED ON

Relationship does not always bounce back after cheating. But it is possible for trust to be regained. 
It only takes hard work and both partners willing to reconcile. 
In a relationship, Getting cheated on is one of the worst feelings you can experience. It is really painful when you get cheated on from someone you share a bond with and trust completely with your life. It rings a bell right ? Yeah, I know how it feels.

Let me share my personal experience with you at this point...

I was in a relationship where the guy I trusted completely cheated on me not just once, but eight good times. I couldn't help it so I took records.

The most painful one was when he had an affair with my secondary school classmate. 

This my classmate is a fashion designer who my boyfriend condemned on first sight because of her height. 

Unknowingly, they exchanged contacts. So funny how guys tell lies to brainwash ladies just to get them into their bed..

I felt really bad when I later caught them. The pain I felt was worse than I do feel when a relative dies. Then I realized that he has taken me for granted because he knew I will forgive him again. But trust me this time I encouraged myself, gave him space and stayed away.

“In some cases, It is possible to rebuild trust to a point that it becomes stronger than before”.

“Believing that there is hope for the future of the relationship, is the first step to rebuilding the trust that was lost”

Most people cheat because they are not happy in one way or another and decides to leave you behind and move on to someone else. It could also be that some cheats by mistake, so they profess their love for you and tell you they still want you back.

Recently, I had a conversation with my friend Benson. I asked him why people cheat? 

He replied: “Some do it for fun while others do it to taste something different”.

The question now is, can you ever rebuild the old trust between you?  Here is what I think..

1. It depends on your relationship: some relationship can go back to normal and others can't. When you have been together with someone for a very long time, the pain is thrice as hard when you are cheated on. But if your relationship is new, it is easier to try put the incident in the past and work towards a better future.

2. It depends on the Offender: If they prove to you that they made a bad mistake, make amends and promise not to make the mistake again no matter the situation, then trust can be rebuilt. 

3. It depends on you: Are you willingly to trust them again? Do you think they deserve your trust? The truth is “if you have trust issues”, then you can never trust your partner again. But, if you feel you both have a future and you have listened to their reasons and it sounded  real, then you will definitely trust them again.

There is no definite answer at all. If your partner doesn't make amends just know that it's the end of the relationship. 

OVER TO YOU:

Have you ever been cheated on? 

Were you willing to trust them again? 

I would really love to hear from you and learn from your experience. 
Please leave a comment and share your experiences with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dealings with covid-19 vaccination

By Shodunke Opeyemi David Should I call it rumour or noise spreading across the world that AstraZeneca is fake, people saying th...