AdSense

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

5 Reasons Why You Can Never Please Anyone

If there is anything I have learnt over the course of my life is that, living a life to please someone is nothing short of a death sentence.

Thankfully, I learnt this lesson early enough before it destroys me.

Back then when I still schooled in Auchi Polytechnic, I made cool friends but, there was this Favour of a girl that fascinated me, she had this clique that I badly wanted to join  because, I wanted Favour to be friends with me.

I did everything I could to please her and I lived my life the way she did hers. This gained me a small bit of approval from her and she allowed me join her clique. I knew I wasn't being true to myself but I continued pleasing her till she got me into a big mess.
Instead of living my life and be real, I became a clone with nothing original. It was like my life wasn't even mine anymore. When I got out of the mess Favour caused, I sat down to think about my life and I decided to change and be real to myself.

Living my life being real was so liberating. I grew to love myself and it made me better at loving other people too. I gained my self-worth and self confidence that I needed to be the real version of myself.

Pleasing people all the time is just not worth it because, you will not only begin to live your life according to someone else standards but also deny yourself all sense of happiness.

I know there might be thousands of reasons why it's impossible to please everyone but, I will share 5 reasons that are very important.

5 Reasons Why You Should Never Please Anyone

1. You Lose Your Integrity And Your Voice: Physically speaking, no two people are alike, twins might be identical but their personalities are different. We are unique in our own way. If you keep pleasing people you will compromise your integrity and overlook the voice of your inner artist.

2. You End Up With Less Confidence: 
As humans, we hear alarm bells when we sense that someone is being fake. People will find you untrustworthy because you only tell them what they want to hear. Stand up for yourself so you don't feel less confident.

3. Loss Of identity: 
If you are putting on a different show for people you get fascinated with, it is very easy for you to lose track of who you really are. Be true to who you are no matter who you are with. Don't hide the unique things about yourself that makes you the wonderful person that you are.

4. You Simply Can't Be Liked By Everybody: 
No matter how hard you try and no matter how "nice" you are with people, they will still have an opinion about you. So don't even bother to please them.

5. Freedom To Be Who You Want To Be:
When you no longer care about what people think of you, you have no idea how much liberty gives you inner peace. Just give it a chance and you will get to understand what am talking about.

The world does not need insincere people-pleaser, the world needs the real you.
So step up and let the real you shine. The world's approval is waiting for you.

OVER TO YOU

What lessons have you learnt about trying to please people? Do you let the desire to please people influence what you do? If you have any experiences (positive or negative) of breaking free from the desire to please people then I would love to hear about them and learn from your experience as well. So please leave a comment and tell us how you did it!

12 comments:

  1. Nice one preshy

    We are moving together

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve just nailed all the points here. Trying to please people can also cause one to mismanage their precious time meant for personal development... I hope this content gets to the needy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasing people is itself a great honour but trying to please everyone would only cause stress and heartache

      Delete
  3. Nice one dear.
    In pleasing people, you loose your self totally; your voice, way of life and even your self worth. And at the end, its not worth it because we created special yet we decide to be duplicates of someone somewhere.

    You are doing well babe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can't beat them, don't join them for no reason at all... I like the write up, keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it all, nice write up precious keep it going dear👌

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, nice one. U can not please people, no matter how hard u try u will end up messing yourself up. Just be real, be yourself

    ReplyDelete

Dealings with covid-19 vaccination

By Shodunke Opeyemi David Should I call it rumour or noise spreading across the world that AstraZeneca is fake, people saying th...